Counsel, San Mateo, CA
FFN has an immediate opening for an attorney to support the General Counsel, specifically, and provide legal services to each of our operating divisions. This position will report directly to our General Counsel and will work closely with the other members of the Legal Department and a number of business unit leaders.
Our General Counsel was recognized by Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times as “Best Bay Area Corporate Counsel finalists in 2012”. We have also been recognized as “Best Places to Work” for our California and Arizona locations multiple years running.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Provide legal advice in matters of Marketing and Sales (including, but not limited to, specific input on the compliance of advertisements, telephone scripts and other forms of marketing collateral with a range of regulatory requirements)
• Work closely with internal resources (including paraprofessional staff and business unit leaders) to craft and implement specific compliance programs
• Assist General Counsel in overseeing and managing customer service functions, including but not limited to bankruptcy issues, certain litigation matters and regulatory responses
• Assist General Counsel on trademark, copyright and patent matters
• Work closely with paraprofessional staff in the area of regulatory filings (including but not limited to debt resolution licensing, real estate broker licensing, finance lending licensing and telemarketing sales licensing)
Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate is able to work independently using experience and sound judgment in all company legal matters.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• A minimum of 3 years of substantive legal experience (this is NOT an entry-level position)
• Working knowledge of one (preferably more than one) of the following statutes and practice areas: FCRA; FDCPA ; Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act; intellectual property; on-line advertising; consumer credit counseling; RESPA
• Knowledge of the origination, advertising and customer service issues surrounding the provision of consumer financial services a plus
• Experience with state licensing procedures and interaction with state regulators (particularly of consumer financial services) a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail and application of good judgment in client interactions
• Licensed to practice law in a minimum of one (1) jurisdiction of U.S.
• Strong research, organizational and analytical skills
For consideration please submit your resume to Loretta O’Donnell, HR Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax attn: Loretta at 602.414.0671