Join Our Team
Sales Manager - Mortgage Lending, Tempe, AZ, United States
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network (FFN) is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Now, we are making our foray into mortgage lending.
Lendage is our newest product line, having begun mortgage loan origination in the second half of 2018. We are confident that our unique approach to the mortgage business gives us a tremendous opportunity to succeed.
As we gear up Lendage for operations in 2019, we are adding a new Manager role to our Mortgage Advisor team. As one of our earliest Mortgage Advisors, you will support all mortgage sales efforts, as we lay the foundations for our future mortgage sales team.
In this role, you will set the bar for future Mortgage Advisors at Lendage. This role is a multi-dimensional Player/Coach role: you will be (i) originating mortgages yourself; (ii) developing mortgage sales processes; and (iii) along with others within Lendage, you will be teaching and mentoring future Mortgage Advisor hires.
- Serve as the Qualifying Individual for our Tempe, AZ office for state and national mortgage licensing.
- Help develop the processes and procedures for our Arizona mortgage sales operation; then, refine and teach these procedures to subsequent Mortgage Advisors.
- Provide consultation and education on the mortgage transaction, teaching consumers what to expect, setting proper expectations, following-up diligently, and managing loan transactions to stringent timelines.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine mortgage eligibility.
- You will be expected to add several additional state mortgage licenses, and to be knowledgeable in conventional, government, and Non-QM loan products.
- Min 3 years in the last 5 years as a licensed Mortgage Loan Officer (“MLO”) within the mortgage industry required, with proven ability to achieve sales goals.
- Originated at least 45 loans in the last 5 years.
- Active NMLS registration in AZ and ideally other states.
- Eligible to complete state and federal MLO licensing requirements, including but not limited to required pre-license education, state and federal testing, and federal background checks to obtain an appropriate license to conduct business in all states deemed necessary by the company.
- You enjoy taking on new challenges. The unknown doesn’t scare you, it invigorates you to see the possibilities!
- You are customer-focused and a strong communicator.
- You are able to work comfortably both independently and within a team and seek out feedback on how you can continually #GetBetter
- Commitment to the Cause: You know you won’t be able to sell right away, but you’re fine with that because initially you’ll enjoy having a hand in building up this division’s processes.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – join a company that is both well-established but also continuing to innovate and evolve.
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees
- Future leadership opportunities
- Competitive benefits package – eligible within 30 days
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.