Join Our Team
Senior Software Developer, Tempe, AZ, United States
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart/$ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart/$ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
As Senior Java Developer with Freedom Financial Network in its Tempe, AZ office, this position will report to Director of Engineering but will work closely with Product team and Software Engineers.
You will join a top performing team that consistently delivers bug-free features with high ownership on future maintenance.
- Effectively manage your time with the product team and lead projects with the developers.
- Follow scrum processes and plan/groom on technical feature development.
- Play a decision-maker role in architecture decisions along with the team.
- Deliver high-quality code to production.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in designing, developing, building, and implementing software systems in a team environment
- Minimum of Five (5) years programming in Java
- Minimum of Four (4) years using Spring Framework and ORM
- Strong Object oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Expertise with design/development of RESTful API web services
- Expertise in handling project initiatives and converting English requirements to technical specs
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and working experience in handling deployment
- Experience with the following technologies: Java 7/8, Spring, ORM, MySQL, MongoDB, JUnit, Tomcat, Web-services
- Linux/Unix experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience in software development
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!