Join Our Team
Service Desk Specialist, Tempe, AZ, United States
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
The Service Desk Specialist position is our entry level role responsible for providing first level triage support for Freedom Financial Network’s employees. This role utilizes cutting edge technology to create, update, close and escalate Incidents and Requests, manage email/distribution accounts, manage Active Directory User and Computer accounts, install and support 3rd party and internally created applications and provide remote support to VDI users. This position requires a high level technical efficiencies and attention to detail in order to work within the established Information Technology policies and procedures.
Come join an elite team where you can enjoy a collaborative atmosphere, where creativity and talent excels as we help thousands of clients every day! Enjoy a flexible schedule with competitive pay and a fun team environment!
- Provide excellent customer service to create a positive customer service experience
- Provide Tier 1 phone support
- Triage all Call’s, Incidents and Requests using ServiceNow
- Use ServiceNow to track, update and manage Incidents and Requests
- Responsible for creating Problem and Outages notices within ServiceNow
- Manager Active Directory user and computer objects via AD Security Groups
- Manage email and distributions lists within Microsoft Exchange
- Setup and configure email on multiple device types
- Install, update and uninstall approved business applications
- Remotely support VDI users using Bomgar (remote desktop)
- Engage other Service Desk resources for assistance Incident’s and Request’s before escalation
- Escalate Incidents to other tiers for additional triage and support when required
- Assign incoming Incident’s and Request’s to other support groups as needed
- Adhere to Service Level Agreements set by the company
- Assists with building (growing) the Service Desk Knowledgebase
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED completed
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience Service Desk Specialist I in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to think critically
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for servicing customers
- Strong Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System platform knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP and other foundational computer services
- Good understanding of network printers and accessories
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- At least one completed, relevant IT Industry Certification: Microsoft MCP, HDI Analyst, CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+. Certification may be verified.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical abilities
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Strong customer service abilities
- Relevant IT Industry related certifications: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations V.3., HDI Support Center Analyst, HDI Desktop Support Technician
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- This is a full-time hourly position with a range of $20-$22 an hour. Occasional overtime may be available, with Supervisor approval.
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!